West End Social Club (WESC) is a long established popular private member club operating from premises in the centre of West End Village, in the Woking area.
WESC is open seven days a week, all evenings and most lunchtimes (Monday Opening 4pm and Tuesday opening 12 noon) and provides a wide range of activities. Activities open to members and their guests include snooker, indoor bowls and darts. Line dancing and modern jive classes are available weekly. There is live music every Saturday evening. Friday evening features occasional live bands, Karaoke, private parties, Charity and other events.
WESC has an Open Mic evening on the first Sunday of each month and also a Country Music Club with (Live Band or Country Singer) which is held on the third Sunday of each month.
WESC has a membership of approximately 850, drawn from the village of West End and surrounding area. Applications for new membership are welcomed.
The club premises are housed in a well-maintained single story brick building. There is a substantial well fitted Clubroom with well stocked bar, large dance-floor and a separate lounge and a snooker hall and space available for parties and other events (View Bookings). Separate toilet facilities with wide access are available.
- STAFF VACANCIES
The vacancies are for the Club Secretary and Bar Staff; these posts are detailed on the website Indeed.com from where expressions of interest should be lodged.Continue reading →
- BAR MANAGER
We are pleased to welcome our new Bar Manager Karl Stiles who started with us in November- Please click on link for full profileContinue reading →
- MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL
There is now a new door entry system
- The old key fobs system is now discontinued. They no longer operate the door.
- To operate the door, club members have to swipe their new membership card through the illuminated slot which is next to the old key fob mechanism. They should ensure that they are running the black magnetic line on their card through the slot. (People should be careful not to store their cards in a pouch with their mobile phones as this can corrupt the magnetic stripe).
- Members also need to present their new card at the bar when they purchase drinks, so that they purchase at ‘member prices’ (otherwise they will pay 15% more, which is the non-member rate). Any member who forgets their card will be charged at the higher rate.
- The deadline for renewing memberships is the end of this month (February) after which former members will need to apply to re-join. This includes Honorary members.
- People can renew their cards at the bar most evenings. It is helpful to speed up the process if they can mail in details (name and address) and a photo in advance so the card can be ready for collection in advance when they pay over the fee (email: email@example.com). Joint memberships need to provide a photo with both faces. The photo comes up at the till to confirm identification.
- All non members need to be signed in by a member, who is then responsible for the conduct of their guests. A member can sign in up to two guests at a time (special arrangements apply to party bookings). Guests will be given a four digit number which operates the door pad at the front entrance, and so can temporarily leave the building during their visit. (The key pad number is changed daily.) They will purchase any drinks at the non-member rate
- LINE DANCING
Beginners Line Dancing Class Tuesday evenings Time 6.45 – 7.30 pm Club Members £4 Non-Members £5. For more information call Alan on 01483 473819Continue reading →
Quiz the FIRST FRIDAY of the month 8.00 – 11.00 pm OUR QUIZ MASTER is “MATT HERMAN” The Quiz event is being very much enjoyed by those who come along – So all you quizzers out there make sure you put this date in your diary YOU WILL not be disappointed !!!!!
FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
We would like to apologise to Members and their guests that the February date needed to be cancelled due to the bad snowy weather. The March event will be going ahead as planned on 1st March. The April event will not be taking place on the 1st Friday (5th April) as there is a big party booking on that evening, so it will therefore take place on 19th April instead (Good Friday) Please bring along your friends and/or family to make up more teams. All-comers would be very welcome.
The following months will revert to the usual 1st FridayContinue reading →
- Open Mic
On the 1st Sunday of each month 8.00 pm. This promises to be a great night so come along and take part or just listen. (JANUARY HAS BEEN CANCELLED)Continue reading →